Debate IT Online

Should Children in British schools be taught Chinese as a second language, so that if they come up with a business idea, they can take it somewhere where it will get financial startup support?

Thunderflush

It's true, Take a business idea into a jobcentre in the UK, and they send you off for a job interview or your benefits will be stopped. Is that encouraging enterprise in our schools? It isn't, Is it?

I had a brilliant business idea of my own some years ago... A name to register at Companies house, an exhibition set up locally, brilliant. I could have made my own living.

Guess what? The jobcentre/work coach said I had to go to an ordinary job interview, or lose my unemployment money... Thus my home...

So it's gone... Forever...

Someone else will own that trademark now... Someone who got funding to set up...

But not me, I'm an ordinary but qualified British citizen so, that's another industry given away...

That's why we have very little industry in the UK!

We teach our kids to believe in themselves at school, that they can achieve anything in life.

But without the appropriate support... They are basically being fed a lie...

Well they are, Aren't they?